Friday 9 August 2013

You don't always have time for the kids

Sometimes it feels that a day passes and I haven't really payed attention to them. I had to run errands last night, so I took them with me to get a stroller wagon for them (so that I would stop breaking my back every time we go for a walk and both of them get tired of walking and want to ride me). Healthily selfish of me :)

So, by the time we got back it was almost bath time and I barely had time to make dinner and feed them let along play and communicate. Doing something else and not spending quality time with them feels like such a waist of time. It's all the running around that I have to do in order to have a treat at the end of the day and enjoy my kids for 15 min. But in the end those 15 min is what counts, what gives me joy and life. Something I look f
orward to when the day starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment